Thursday, April 21, 2011

IVF Schedule so far

Welcome to my IVF schedule for May. I made this little calendar up then converted it into a picture so I could paste it on here. Tough If you don't give a rat's arse about my dates, It's more here for my own records and to show my Mother and Father in law who live in the UK my schedule, as I know they like to keep up dated. And It may be of interest if you too are having IVF and you can compare my calendar to yours. Or maybe it will be of no interest to you at all, if that is the case then oh well for you. I just realised if you want to see what it actually says you need to zoom in quite a bit, my clever calendar isn't quite so clever after all.

This schedule takes me up until the Egg Collection, I don't know the exact date of that, then of course there is the dreaded few days wait to see how many eggs fertilize/spilt correctly. Then we have the Embryo transfer either 3 or 5 days after egg collection, hopefully my embryo will be transferred 5 days after egg collection, making it a nice strong Blastocyst and more chance of a positive result. We are still going ahead with only transferring 1 embryo and freezing any others we can. My calendar also doesn't have the scan date to see how many follicles (eggs) I have growing, so will look forward to finding out the date of that, as that is always a big exciting/nerve racking day! More than 7 this time please! 

Looking back to IVF number 1, I was on the Antagonist cycle which is alot shorter than this Down Regulation with the Pill cycle, this cycle I am on the drugs for alot longer! oh great! But I am pleased with this new cycle plan and am feeling really positive and just rearing to go, I think I feel alot more sorted in my head and stronger going into this cycle than the last. With the last cycle, I was so down and out after 3 failed IUI's and was finding it hard to even get to grips with the fact that I actually needed IVF, it was alot to take on board. Now with this cycle, I feel better, I have failed 4 times and I feel in my heart that this 5th time is going to be a success.


A friend of mine whom I haven't had much contact with lately told me she had done IVF and it worked for her on the first cycle, which was great for her, but she told me that I need to try really hard to keep thinking positive and think that this is going to work, never let a seed of doubt plant in my head, never let negative thoughts creep in. I think I am going to take this on board and try so so hard to be in this frame of mind. As hard as this is after having 4 failed fertility treatments under my belt, I will give it a damn good go. And would appreciate everyone else to give me positive encouragement. I will try not to fear the worst and look forward to the best.

I think deep down when I was going through treatment cycle 1,2,3 and 4 I knew they hadn't worked, I have no clue how I knew this, but there was always lots of doubt and so much fear. This cycle feels different, there is still lots of fear, but I'm working on managing it, there isn't much doubt, I feel this it for me and Gardener guy, this is our cycle. It's going to be hard work again, but It is going to all pay off, I can feel it in my bones, and I tell ya those bones are damn well right this time!

11 comments:

  1. Love your plan and great that you're feeling positive about this one :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We might end up cycling close in time again. May this be it for us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved getting my calendar! Although the thought of all the drugs is intimidating, it's so reassuring to have a tangible plan in place. Looking forward to hearing how this new protocol goes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear that you feel positive about this cycle. I haven't had that feeling yet and I look forward to it! GL to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a calendar - love it! This is so very exciting!!! I'm sending you all the positive thoughts I can muster!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is it sweetie!!! I can feel it!!! So happy for you....keep up those positive thoughts! XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to have a calendar and a plan... but hoping this is the last one you'll need!!! Hang on to those positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck!!! We are pretty much on the same schedule :) Positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is so exciting. I just clicked on it and I could see every thing. It sounds like you are in a positive state of mind. It is so hard to not have fear. I am glad you have found a way to manage it:) I am sending positive thoughts your way Clewis!!:)

    ReplyDelete