Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 1 - Buserelin Injection

This morning was the first Buserelin Injection (see above). Not too much to report obviously so will just keep this to a short post. I wont moan just for the sake of moaning! At 7am my gardener guy loaded up the syringe with a dose of 400ug's. As per usual I got all "I cant do this", but really at 7am we didn't have time for that carry on so I just had to get a grip. It was a bit sore going in, and left a really red irritated itchy mark, which took awhile to disappear but its all good now, and that was it, here we go!

The day didn't really get off to a fantastic start though, I dropped my good country road mug filled with a hot Milo. I was so annoyed, as I had a set of 4 of those mugs and really liked them, somehow it just slipped out of my hand!, I always moan at gardener guy to be careful not to break those mugs when he takes them outside, and of course its not him that breaks it but me.

I am still feeling positive about this cycle and have organized a few things to keep us happy and the spirits up. Me and gardener guy are treating ourselves to a nice lunch out together on Mothers Day, I have strong feeling's about how stupid this day is, I think its a stupid excuse for shops to make money and really we shouldn't need to be told when to show our mothers that we care,and of course the fact that I am still not a mother this year leaves me feeling pretty sour, so anyhow we decided to go out for lunch. And I have become quite into painting my nails lately, so when I'm feeling a bit low and horrible Ill treat myself to some new polish. Also next weekend we are going out for dinner with another couple that we are friends with. In a few days time I probably wont even be bothered doing any of these things, but we will see how I go, I wont push myself, as I know what to expect, I expect to start getting really tired, hot flushes and headaches all along with the crabby mood.

Anyhow that's all for now, nothing too interesting and no new funny stories to report in my corner of the world, am just about to take the boys down to the library kids session, so must dash, hope you all have a good week and keep your spirits up, your hearts open and your tears away.

7 comments:

  1. Right there with you....best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day one down - wishing you all the luck in the world for this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this part (i.e., injections) exciting because it meant I was doing everything I could to increase my chances of success! I'm so excited for you -- one day closer to your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this - keep your spirits up, your hearts open and your tears away. A great way to live! And yeah for starting injections! You're on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont forget to tell GG - a little faster on needle insertion. It will hurt more if its slow. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. hearts open, tear away!! I like that motto!! It is in my internal list of responses to myself when I start to feel that who..can't do it. because you know, we all get like that at one point during this crazy roller coaster IVF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wishing you so much luck with this cycle!!!!!!! hang in there...

    ReplyDelete