Wednesday, January 26, 2011

IVF Cycle day 2. First FSH (puregon) Injection

Today is day 2,Injection time.


Last night me and My Gardner Guy sat down and watched the Puregon Instruction dvd. We managed to take the piss out of the dvd (as we do with most things I must say), as the woman on it looked so excited to be giving herself a shot. So we have now got it sorted thanks to her. The clinic also rang me again today, and I have to go in on Sunday morning for my first Orgalutron injection as they need to make sure I don't have a bad reaction to this.So will do that and have to sit there for 20min's. After that we can do the Orgalutron shots ourselves every morning at 7am. Ahhhh.....what a carry on.


So tonight at 8pm promptly the Puregon will be loaded up and my hubby will inject me. I would still like to think I will be able to take over and do it myself at some stage, but right now I don't see the point in putting pressure on myself to do that.


Ill let you know over the next few days how I feel, etc. I have been told Orgalutron gives you hot flushes, which I am used to after the Clomiphene, and let me tell you, feeling the uncontrollable urge to rip off all your clothes and tip cold water on yourself is not something one wants to be feeling, especially at a children's playgroup where I was. Its unacceptable to take layers and layers of clothes off at any public place, but even more so around children.Having a child pick up your bra that you flung across the room in your sweaty rage isn't cool!


Then i hear there's lots of lovely things associated with the Puregon, dizziness, tiredness, nausea, bloated, weight gain, headaches, very emotional, moody. Yuck!! I did get quite a lot of symptom's with just the clomiphene tablets, apparently my body reacts well to quite small doses of drugs, hence the horrible feeling. So I'm preparing myself for all this. The last 2 symptoms are the one's that will affect my husband, the overly emotional and moodiness. So basically ill be a sad, upset bitch. Lucky him. On the last round of Clomiphene I threw a garden stake at him because he moved a pot plant!!  yet when told that this erratic behaviour may be due to the drugs, my response was something like "what erratic behaviour"? It's perfectly normal to throw large spiky objects at your husband, I was practising my javelin.


So my best advice to my Gardner Guy would be keep your mouth shut and for god sake lock away the garden tools.


PS: what a great husband he is. x

6 comments:

  1. wishing you the best of luck. I wish I advice on your meds (I think perhaps I am used to the brand names ). As for side effects, it is unlikely that you will get every side effect and I found the more I thought about the side effects the more I seem to get. Keep busy is my best advice on that. I found the shots easy once I got used to them and did them myself in my belly or legs. My husband took over the shots in the backside (I can do those too but it is a harder spot to reach).
    Hang in there and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your first shot went well and that you don't get any of the nasty side-effects! I find the side-effects to be no fun, but bearable. A little bit of headaches and fatigue, but nothing I couldn't handle. Keep us posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I'm sure your gardener Guy will be keeping any sharp objects locked away! Hope you don't get too many side effects, and that's great you're hubby is going to do the injections!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way I have given you an award on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh. thanks ants. that's so kind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am on my day 2 of Puregon today..I am so scared with needles but I just think this is a way for me to get pregnant. This is the second time around and more scary. I am praying this could be the last...I need the baby asap.

    ReplyDelete